FAQs about Joining Soroptimist
What is Soroptimist?
A global volunteer organization that provides women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Soroptimist uses annual dues to ensure our members have a fun and meaningful club experience while accomplishing our collective mission—today and into the future. Surveys tell us members value the following benefits from their membership:
- Mission-based programs. Members experience joy and a sense of accomplishment by working with other like-minded women on global programs that provide women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment.
- Connections. Members grow professionally and personally. Through friendships with club members, relationships in your region, and connections with members from diverse countries and backgrounds, you are able to grow your network. The opportunities for leadership development provide professional growth.
- Access to a Team of Non-Profit Professionals. Members receive guidance and resources from SIA headquarters, enabling them to enjoy a meaningful club experience as they change communities for the better.
How much are dues?
The dues amount for regular members is $180.
How do I pay my dues?
There are two ways to pay your dues:
- Mail a check to P.O. Box 472, Davis, CA 95617. Checks should be made payable to SI Davis.)
- Pay online using this website!
Half club-year dues are also available if you join after December 31, 2023.
What if I can’t afford the dues right now?
If your finances are tight right now, but you still want to maintain your membership we can work out a confidential payment arrangement and/or you can apply for our Women Helping Women program. This program is designed to help our members during times of hardship.
Payment arrangements and Women Helping Women applications are kept confidential. Please let our treasurer know as soon as possible if you would like more information.
We do not want anyone to feel they do not have the money to join our club. Membership means so much more!
Our Women Helping Women program is completely funded by our members, so please feel free to make your dues check out for more than $180. Any additional money will be added to our Women Helping Women program.
Where do my membership dues go?
- $76 Soroptimist International of the Americas (Federation)
- $9 International Per Capita Payment
- $11 Liability Insurance
- $6.18 Founders Pennies
- $25 Sierra Nevada Region Dues
The balance of $52.82 is used by our club to cover operating expenses.
Payment is due no later than June 21.
Thank you for your continued support of Soroptimist International of Davis! Please let our treasurer know if you have any questions, need an invoice, or need more information of payment arrangements or about the Women Helping Women program.is
How do I pay my dues online?
If you’d like to join or renew your membership online, just follow the below steps: